Awards and distinctions
of Morvedra Nou
Always trying to be the best version of ourselves
Morvedra Nou rural hotel is the first establishment of its category to obtain the distinction of Biosphere Reserve. But what exactly does it mean?
The Biosphere Reserve certification means that Morvedra Nou has a firm commitment to the island's environmental, social, economic and cultural sustainability. And that is reflected through actions such as:
- Garbage reduction and recycling, including organic waste
- Maintain our garden with native plants to reduce water consumption, since they are adapted to the island's climate
- Implementation of ecologically certified cleaning products
- Local product consumption, both in the kitchen and in other areas of the hotel
- Collaboration with local producers to publicize their work and the quality of what is produced in Menorca
- Energy saving with light control cards in the rooms and low-energy LED lighting throughout the hotel
- Our machinery has low energy consumption certification
ECOTOURISM CLUB OF SPAIN
In the same line of commitment to sustainability and responsible development, Morvedra Nou has recently joined the Ecotourism Club of Spain.
The establishments belonging to this network undertake to offer tourist experiences that help local development and the conservation of the biodiversity of protected areas.
SICTED TOURIST QUALITY CERTIFICATION
For 20 years we have been working for tourist excellence. That is why we have the distinction of Tourism Quality Commitment, a seal promoted by the Secretary of State for Tourism together with the Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces. Having the SICTED tourism certification means that, from Morvedra Nou, we have been working for many years to improve the experience and satisfaction of the tourist who visits us, according to quality standards.